Last Updated on February 2, 2023 by Dr Bucho
ketogenic diet plan:-The Keto diet is a low-carb, moderate-protein diet that emphasizes fats. It’s simple enough to pick a keto diet and also be a vegetarian or vegan, so this doesn’t have to include consuming greasy bacon or cheese all day. The proportions of fat, protein, and carbs in the diet are roughly 55%–60% for fat, 30%–35% for protein, and 5%–10% for carbohydrates. Carbohydrate intake on a diet of 2000 kcal per day ranges from 20 to 50 g.
Advantages of Ketogenic Diet
- Weight loss: The ketogenic diet can help you lose weight by making you feel fuller for longer and eating less.
- Better blood sugar control and a lower risk of diabetes can result from improved insulin sensitivity, which can be achieved by nutrition.are collagen gummies effective? best collagen gummies for skin 2023
- Reduced risk of heart disease: By lowering inflammation and raising cholesterol levels, the diet may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Benefits for the nervous system: The ketogenic diet has been used successfully to treat some neurological illnesses, such as epilepsy, and it may one day be used to treat other problems that affect the brain, such as Alzheimer’s Diseases.
- Studies suggest that the ketogenic diet may be able to treat some types of cancer.
- Acne: Some studies suggest that a ketogenic diet may improve symptoms of acne
Potential Risks and Complications
Risks associated with the ketogenic diet exist, especially if it is not well planned and implemented. The following are a few risks connected with the diet:
- Deficiencies in some nutrients: If the ketogenic diet is not carefully designed, it may result in insufficient intakes of fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- Kidney stones: The high intake of protein and fat in the diet can raise the risk of kidney stones.
- High-fat diets have the potential to result in liver issues, especially in those who already have liver disease.
- Osteoporosis: The absence of calcium in the diet, which is crucial for strong bones, may raise the risk of osteoporosis.
- Due to the diet’s low intake of fibre, constipation may result.
- The usual ketogenic diet contains a lot of saturated fat. Some people may see an increase in LDL (“bad”) cholesterol as a result of this, which could boost their risk of cardiovascular disease and events like heart attacks and stroke.
The keto diet can cause adverse side effects that many people know as keto flu. These adverse effects may include:
- low blood sugar
Who should avoid the keto diet
- individuals with insulin-dependent diabetes
- individuals with eating disorders
- patients suffering from pancreatitis or kidney dysfunction
- women while they are pregnant and nursing
- Individuals with heart diseases like cardiac arrhythmia
Before beginning the ketogenic diet, it’s crucial to speak with a medical expert and a certified dietitian, especially for those with underlying health issues.
List of 7 keto friendly foods
Eggs are a good source of protein, B vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Two eggs have a Total Fat of 9.5g , zero carbs, and 13 grams of protein. Eggs have been shown to stimulate hormones that increase feelings of fullness and maintain blood sugar levels, and they also contain antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, which help protect eye health.
2. Nonstarchy vegetables
Nonstarchy vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, bell peppers, zucchini, and spinach are low in calories and carbs but high in nutrients such as vitamin C and minerals. They also contain antioxidants, which help protect cells from free radical damage.
Cheese is a perfect fit for the ketogenic diet because it contains zero carbohydrates and has high-fat content. Calcium and protein are also present in cheese in abundant amounts. some of these cheese include:
- Cheddar cheese
- Feta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Brie cheese
4. Fish and Seafood
Fish such as salmon, tuna, and trout, sardines, mackerel, as well as shellfish like shrimp and crab, are rich in B vitamins, potassium and selenium; Fish and seafood can be a great addition to a ketogenic diet because they are low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats and protein with high levels of omega-3 fats, which have been shown to reduce blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity
5. Meat and Poultry
Meats such as beef, pork, chicken, turkey, and other meats are all excellent choices for the ketogenic diet because they are high in protein and fat. Fresh meat and poultry are low in carbs and high in potassium, selenium, zinc, and other minerals as well as B vitamins. The body may burn fat if it is given the energy it needs from meat and poultry. Lean meat and poultry cuts should be chosen instead of processed or high-fat meats like sausages, bacon, and deli meats that may have additional sugars or preservatives. For a diet that is more nutrient-dense and healthier, it is also preferable to choose poultry that is organic, grass-fed, and free-range.
6. Nuts, Seeds, and Oils rich in healthy fats
Healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, fibre, and protein can all be found in nuts and seeds. Additionally, they have extremely little net carbohydrates. The oils suggested for the keto diet are coconut oil avocado oil, sesame oil, and olive oil. Due to its high oleic acid content, olive oil is linked to a decreased risk of heart disease. Despite having a lot of saturated fat, coconut oil has medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) that can boost ketone synthesis. MCTs may speed your metabolism, which would aid in losing weight and belly fat.
7. Zero Carb Coffe and Tea
Although it’s vital to be careful, coffee and tea can be consumed as part of a ketogenic diet. without additional ingredients such as sugar or cow’s milk, Plain coffee and tea are acceptable on the keto diet because they have zero grams of carbs, fat, or protein. Drinking tea may lower your risk of heart attack and stroke, aid in weight loss, and strengthen your immune system because it is high in antioxidants and contains less caffeine than coffee.
7 Day ketogenic diet plan
- Breakfast: two eggs fried in butter with sautéed greens
- Lunch: a bunless burger with cheese, mushrooms, and avocado on top of a bed of greens.
- Dinner will be pork chops and sautéed green beans in olive oil.
- a mushroom omelette for breakfast
- meals include a tuna salad with celery and tomatoes for lunch
- Dinner will be roast chicken with cream sauce and sautéed broccoli.
- Breakfast consists of stuffed bell peppers with cheese and eggs.
- Arugula salad for lunch with hard-boiled eggs, turkey, avocado, and blue cheese
- Dinner will be grilled fish and sesame-sauteed spinach.
- Full-fat yoghurt with keto granola for breakfast.
- Lunch is a steak dish with cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, avocado, and salsa.
- Dinner will be bison steak and cheese-topped broccoli.
- Baked avocado egg boats for breakfast
- Chicken Caesar salad for lunch.
- Pork chops and vegetables for dinner
- morning breakfast: cheese and avocado on cauliflower toast.
- Salmon burgers with pesto on top for lunch without buns
- Dinner will be meatballs with parmesan cheese and zucchini pasta.
Indian Keto Diet Chart
|Monday||Omelets in butter with bacon, bulletproof coffee||Mutton seekh kebab with a vegetable salad||Vegetable omelet in butter|
|Tuesday||2 boiled eggs with cottage cheese shallow fried in butter||2 chapati made of keto flour and blanched broccoli, mutton seekh kebab||Egg/ paneer bhurji, with chapati or a small cup of brown rice fried with soy sauce ad veggies|
|Wednesday||1 cup of bulletproof coffee or tea, mixed nuts, and 2 keto Dosa with salad||Zucchini, tomato, capsicum, or veggies sauteed in butter with brown bread or 2 chapatis.||Chicken tikka with cauliflower rice|
|Thursday||Omelet with poha and mixed nuts||Palak paneer cooked in oil and 2 chapatis with a bowl of stir-fried veggies||Bowl of soup veggies and a small cup of brown rice|
|Friday||Bacon with scrambled eggs and unsweetened black coffee||Lettuce, paneer bhurji with veggies, and 1 chapati.||Baked salmon with pesto chicken salad|
|Saturday||Green tea, almonds, paneer bhurji, and avocado smoothie||1 bowl of mixed veggies salad with lettuce, mushroom, and capsicum||Spinach soup with 1 cup mushroom sauteed in butter|
|Sunday||Keto cheese rollups||Keto quesadilla||Yummy spinach pie|
Foods to limit
- Beans: Black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils, and other beans and legumes
- Starchy vegetables: corn, peas, beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and pumpkin
- Bread and baked goods: crackers, cookies, doughnuts, whole wheat bread, and rolls
- Sugar, ice cream, candy, maple syrup, honey, agave syrup, and coconut sugar are examples of sweets and foods high in sugar Dark Chocolate
- Sugary drinks include soda, juice, sweetened teas, and sports drinks.
- noodle dishes such as spaghetti
- Grains and grain products, including tortillas, wheat, rice, oats, and breakfast cereals
- Fruit: grapes, bananas, oranges, and pineapple
- BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey mustard, sugary salad dressings, and dipping sauces are examples of high-carb sauces.
- Beer and sweet mixed drinks are examples of certain alcoholic beverages.
If you Want a Complete Guide On the keto Diet Below is the recommended guide you can Get It
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Is keto a healthy diet?
No, it is not recommended to go for it without discussing health stats with your dietician, as Concerns about long-term heart health are raised by the high-fat content, particularly the high proportion of harmful saturated fat, Which is within the keto diet, as well as the restrictions on nutrient-rich fruits, vegetables, and grains. So it is recommended to take a visit to a dietician and discuss it
Is rice Keto Friendly?
No White rice does not fit into the keto diet. Rice includes too many carbohydrates to be considered a keto-friendly food since the ketogenic diet drastically limits net carb intake to an average of 20 grams per day.
How do I start a keto diet for beginners?
Decrease carbs (but eat more vegetables) Eating a very low carb diet is necessary to achieve ketosis, however low carb does not equate to no carbs. Discuss this with your dietician beforehand.
Reduce stress, up your consumption of healthy fats, exercise, and water, and decrease your stress levels.
Continue to consume protein.