Last Updated on February 2, 2023 by Dr Bucho
Canada boasts the Best Colleges in Cannada for International Students, providing quality education to students through a combination of in-class sessions, practical training, and hands-on experience. As an international student, finding the right college is essential to ensure that you not only learn but also develop the necessary skills and expertise to succeed in the global job market. In this article, we explore the top 10 colleges in Canada that cater to the needs of international students.
Canada is home to over 250 colleges for international students, many of which are consistently ranked high in the QS World University Rankings and Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Canadian colleges aim to provide students with a well-rounded education that goes beyond the classroom, including training, projects, internships, and other activities. This article provides a comprehensive overview of the top 10 colleges in Canada for international students, based on several factors.
Difference Between Public and Private Colleges in Canada
In Canada, there are few academic differences between private and public colleges. The number of courses provided in private colleges in Canada is constrained, and enrolment is also lower. Below are some of the key distinctions between Canadian public and private colleges.
Public Colleges vs. Private Colleges in Canada: A Comprehensive Comparison
Financial Aid Options
- Public Colleges: Financial aid options may not be as robust in public colleges, although they do offer scholarships and grants to some students.
- Private Colleges: Private colleges in Canada provide generous scholarships and grants to academically exceptional students. These scholarships are comprehensive, covering the cost of tuition, boarding, and study materials.
- Public Colleges: For in-state students, public colleges in Canada offer relatively lower tuition fees. Out-of-state and international students may face slightly higher tuition fees.
- Private Colleges: Private colleges in Canada have a consistent tuition fee structure for both domestic and international students. However, they can sometimes be cheaper than public colleges.
- Public Colleges: The education provided at public colleges in Canada is of a good standard. However, the class sizes are larger, reducing the level of individual attention given to each student.
- Private Colleges: Private colleges in Canada provide world-class education to students, with a focus on sophisticated and well-directed methods of teaching. With smaller class sizes, students have increased interaction with their mentors, leading to personalized learning experiences.
- Public Colleges: Graduates from public colleges in Canada have the option to work in the government sector, with many being chosen for positions in companies within this sector.
- Private Colleges: Private colleges in Canada have strong connections with multinational corporations and offer students the opportunity to take part in internships and secure placements. International students are also able to stay and work in Canada after the completion of their studies.
Student Ratio [Foreign vs Local]
- Public Colleges: Public colleges in Canada have a large student population, which is largely made up of students from the local area. The class sizes in public universities are much larger.
- Private Colleges: Private colleges in Canada have a smaller student population, consisting of students from all over the country. With a diverse student community, students have the opportunity to interact with individuals from various backgrounds. This results in smaller class sizes, providing students with a more intimate and personalized learning experience.
As an international student, it is essential for you to know the top colleges in Canada to pick the right college. Canadian colleges offer diploma courses, pg diploma courses, and graduate certificate programs. The duration of the program ranges between 1-2 years based on the course and the college you choose from the best colleges in Canada. We have chosen the top 10 colleges in Canada for international students based on several factors and detailed them below for your reference.
Top 10 Private Colleges In Canada 2023
1. Trinity Western University
Trinity Western University is a Christian liberal arts and science university and is the largest independent Christian liberal arts institution in Canada. It is ranked #61 by the UniRank Rankings. Some of the popular courses at Trinity Western University with their fee details are given below:
- B.Sc in Biotechnology: $16,695
- B.Sc in Computing Science: $16,695
- M.A in Counselling Psychology: $15,300
- M.B.A in Business: $17,100
2. St. Mary’s University
St. Mary’s University is a private university founded in 1986 as St. Mary’s College. It was recognized as St. Mary’s University in 2004 and is affiliated with several Christian-Catholic associations. It is also accredited by the Alberta Ministry of Advanced Education. It is ranked #93 by the UniRank Rankings. Some of the popular courses at St. Mary’s University with their fee details are given below:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: $11,385
- Bachelor of Arts in English: $11,385
- Bachelor of Education: $14,862
- Bachelor of Science: $14,862
3. Quest University
Quest University is Canada’s first independent liberal arts and science university accredited by the Degree Quality Assessment Board (DQAB) under the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education. It is ranked #85 by the UniRank Rankings and also ranks at the top in almost every category in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). Some of the popular courses at Quest University with their fee details are given below:
- Bachelor of Arts and Sciences: $26,910
4. The King’s University
The King’s University is a private Christian university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It is ranked #82 by the UniRank Rankings. It offers 650+ courses in the form of undergraduate certificates, diplomas, and degrees in various disciplines such as accounting, business, science, drama, etc. The King’s University is accredited by the Government of Alberta, Universities Canada, and is globally renowned for its world-class and national award-winning professors. Some of the popular courses at the King’s University with their fee details are given below:
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] in Environmental Management: $9,812
- Bachelor of Commerce [B.Com] in Business: $9,812
- Bachelor of Arts [B.A] in Psychology: $9,812
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] in Computing Science: $9,812
5. Fairleigh Dickinson
University Fairleigh Dickinson University is a private university located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It is a non-profit, nonsectarian university offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in various disciplines. It is also ranked #64 in the best universities in the North region by U.S. News & World Report Rankings. Some of the popular courses at Fairleigh Dickinson University with their fee details are given below:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: $47,719
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology: $47,719
- Master of Administrative Science: $20,700
- Master of Science in Applied Computer Science: $20,700
6. University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is a fully online, degree-granting institution offering certificate, diploma, and degree programs to students from all over the world. Some of the popular courses at the University of Fredericton with their fee details are given below:
- Master of Business Administration: $25,235
- Master’s Certificate: $7,416
- Executive Master of Business Administration: $30,385
7. Canadian Mennonite University
Canadian Mennonite University is a private university located in one of the most affordable cities in Canada, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is religiously affiliated with the Mennonite Church of Canada and the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba. It is ranked #73 by the UniRank Rankings. Some of the popular courses at Canadian Mennonite University with their fee details are given below:
- Bachelor of Business Administration [B.B.A] in Business Management: $8,929
- Master of Business Administration: $13,500
- Master of Arts [M.A] in Theological Studies: $5,887
- Bachelor of Business Administration [B.B.A]: $8,929
8. Columbia College
Columbia College is a liberal arts institution offering university transfer courses to students from various nations, located on the west coast of Vancouver. It ranks #57 among regional universities in the south by US News & World Report and offers popular courses such as
- Associate of Psychology ($12,037)
- Associate of Business Administration ($12,307),
- Associate of Communication ($12,307).
- Associate of Computer Science ($12,307),
9. University Canada West
A private, for-profit university with a business-focused, technology-oriented curriculum located in British Columbia, University Canada West is accredited by the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and has EQA accreditation. It ranks #81 by UniRank Rankings and popular courses include
- M.B.A ($13,162)
- B.Com ($13,050),
- B.A Business Communication ($14,175)
10. Yorkville University
A private institution offering practitioner-oriented programs for career success, Yorkville University offers flexible degree options on-campus, online, or a mix of both. It ranks #72 by UniRank Rankings and popular courses include
- B.B.A ($21,075)
- M.A. in Counselling Psychology ($14,437)
- M.Ed ($10,057)
- Bachelor of Interior Design ($21,656).