Last Updated on November 27, 2022 by Dr Bucho
Colleges and universities offering DMLT course admission 2023 issue application forms and shortlist candidates based on performance scores in grades 10 and 12. while some colleges/universities like Aligarh Islamic University (AMU) conduct the Exam central entrance exam (CET) for DMLT Course admission 2022-2023
Usually, registration for DMLT 2022 starts in April or May every year. The eligibility criteria for admission is candidates must have scored between 50% and 60% in the 12th-grade examination. Candidates must have passed 12th grade with subjects viz physics, chemistry, and biology up to grade 12.
DMLT Course Details
The Diploma of Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a course leading to a medical laboratory technician degree. Medical laboratory technology is a branch of medical science responsible for performing laboratory investigations related to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases.
DMLT course fees
Usually, the fees for DMLT course Admission 2023 varies from college to college, while there is a fixed fee in Govt colleges that is about 10 thousand to 20 thousand, besides admission fees students may have to pay fees in order to appear in the exams. In case of the private colleges in India, the average fee for DMLT course Admission 2023 is around Two lakhs per course and it may vary
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility||Appeared/passed 12th with 50%|
|Mode of Admission||Merit-Based/ Entrance exam (CPNET/JCECE/AIIMS/JIMPER, and State Paramedical Boards)|
|Minimum Age||18 years|
|Average Course Fee||Rs 20 Thousand – 2 Lakhs|
DMLT course subjects
There is a wide range of subjects taught in the two-year course in four semesters while in some colleges there are only two semesters,the subjects in Dmlt course include :
- Human Anatomy
- Basics of Clinical Biochemistry
- English Communications
- Fundamentals of MLT
- Basic Human Science
- Professional Activities
- Human Physiology
- Fundamental Biochemistry
- Information and Communication Technology
- Basic Pathology
- Microbial Instrumentation
- Community Development
- Human Physiology II
- Metabolic and Technical Biochemistry
- Community Development Activities II
- Clinical Hematology
- Technical Microbiology
- Histopathological Techniques
- Clinical Microbiology
- Clinical Pathology
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Pathology Lab
How to apply for DMLT course admission 2023
- Applications for DMLT courses will be posted online for most colleges and universities.
- To apply, one has to visit the official website of the respective institution/college.
- Steps to apply for DMLT courses, eligibility criteria, and required documents will be provided, make sure to pass them in advance and have the requirements ready.
- Upload the details and upload the required documents, pay the application fee to complete the registration process.
- Keep the application form for future reference. Participate in the entrance test if required.
- Wait for the announcement of the merit list, attend the counseling session and pay the admission fee
Important Dates of some Top notch Colleges
The admisson for dmlt course generally starts from febuary till may in some colleges , we have listed some top notch colleges below with their admission dates for DMLT 2022 . For the 2023 admission session dates will be updated here
|College Name||Admission Criteria||Application Dates|
|St John’s Medical College, Bangalore||Personal Interview||May 2022|
|Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||Common Entrance Test Conducted by AMU||April 29 – May 21, 2022|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai||SRMJEEE||February 2022|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore||State Level Counseling Conducted by KEA||To be Announced|
|Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College, Pune||Maharashtra State Counseling + Personal Interview||To be Announced|
|Madras Christian College, Chennai||Merit-Based||To be Announced|
Dr Bucho: Thanks for reading , Get the latest updates, news, Alerts, admissions, and latest posts on our website, and stay up to date with us and don’t forget to check our page Student forum, where we have some free tools for medical professionals and students